Restaurant Expert Witness – Howard Cannon, Author
Howard Cannon’s world-famous, highly-recognizable restaurant books can be found in book stores in 76 countries around the globe, including Barnes and Noble, Books-a-Million, Amazon, and many other fine retailers.
Howard’s Restaurant Books include:
- Restaurant OSHA Safety and Security – The Book of Restaurant Industry Standards & Best Practices© –
published in 2016 by ROSSI, Inc.
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Starting Your Own Restaurant© –
published in 2001 by Alpha Books
- Stretch Yourself – Getting Promoted© – published in 2003 by Pearson Books
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Starting a Restaurant©- Second Edition –
published in 2005 by Alpha Books
Published by the following reputable publishing firms:
• Penguin Group (USA) Inc., 375 Hudson Street, New York, New York 10014, USA
• Penguin Group (Canada), 90 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario M4P 2Y3, Canada –
a division of Pearson Penguin Canada Inc.
• Penguin Books Ltd., 80 Strand, London WC2R ORL, England
• Penguin Ireland, 25 St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin 2, Ireland – a division of Penguin Books Ltd
• Penguin Group (Australia), 250 Camberwell Road, Camberwell, Victoria 3124, Australia –
a division of Pearson Australia Group Pty. Ltd
• Penguin Books India Pvt. Ltd., 11 Community Centre, Panchsheel Park, New Delhi – 110 017, India
• Penguin Group (NZ), 67 Apollo Drive, Rosedale, North Shore, Auckland 1311, New Zealand –
a division of Pearson New Zealand Ltd
• Penguin Books (South Africa) (Pty.) Ltd., 24 Sturdee Avenue, Rosebank, Johannesburg 2196, South Africa
• Penguin Books Ltd., Registered Offices: 80 Strand, London WC2R ORL, England
• Alpha Books, 375 Hudson Street, New York, New York 10014, USA
• Pearson Education, Inc., 75 Arlington Street, Suite 300, Boston, MA 021
Articles & Press Releases
Howard Cannon’s restaurant books are found in 76 countries around the world, but did you know that you can also find his articles in all kinds of magazines, newspapers, web sites, and blogs, read by hundreds of thousands of people around the world, as well?
Mr. Cannon’s articles, interviews, blurbs, insights, and content have appeared in numerous media outlets, including but not limited to:
– The Wall Street Journal
– Reader’s Digest
– The Washington Post
– The Independent Restaurateur
– ProfitAbility Magazine
– The Charleston Gazette
– Dallas Morning News
– And, many more . . .
Busy media professionals call upon Howard Cannon on a regular basis and they want to talk restaurants. Quite honestly, they don’t want to waste their time and money searching to find the content or the experts that they need for a story or piece pertaining to restaurants or the restaurant industry.
In fact, since 1987, writers, editors, publishers, producers, directors, and media executives from a wide variety of national, regional, and local newspapers, magazines, radio, and TV have relied on Howard to give them the quotes, blurbs, interviews, articles, insights, opinions, trends, comments, and expertise that they need to make their content pertaining to restaurants interesting and complete.
Howard is happy to assist all media professionals and, besides . . . he loves talking restaurants.
For All Media Inquiries, feel free to call or email:
800.300.5764 or Email
Here’s what people are saying about Howard’s books:
Randy Edwards, Trial Attorney:
“As a trial lawyer, I am always looking to see if those involved in the lawsuit have followed the simple safety rules that are reasonable and customary for the industry to make us all safer. This book is chock-full of rules that are not only good business but are designed to ensure the safety and health of all restaurant customers and employees.”
Chad Mudd, Multi-Unit Director/GM and Owner:
“This book offers hundreds of methods that are crucial to safety. The end result is an operation that protects the livelihood of its owners and everyone’s paycheck.”
Description as provided by Alibris.com:
— “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Starting a Restaurant provides a strong formula for analyzing the potential business success of your restaurant venture. — Providing a ‘reality’ check, the book helps future restaurateurs, learn how to make orders, check inventories, hire personnel and choose menus. — No branded competition or outstanding titles in the category. This book covers more than one aspect, replacing the need for two or more expensive books. A recent survey by the National Restaurant Association found restaurateurs to be hard-working, affluent and optimistic, but only 50% said they would do it all again. Hundreds of thousands of these business people work hard — more than half put in a minimum of 60 hours per week. But despite the hard work, the restaurant business can be one of the most fickle and difficult businesses to break into. Why? People get into it for all the wrong reasons. Voila! The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Starting a Restaurant is here to provide the recipe for success. How do you decide how much money it will take? When do you know you’re failing — or succeeding? If you’re failing, when do you pull the plug? If you’re succeeding, how do you successfully expand? Focusing on these kinds of business questions, this book takes a practical approach.”
Description as provided by Walmart.com:
“In this revised edition, aspiring restaurateurs will find everything they need to know to open a successful restaurant, including choosing a concept and location, creating a business plan, finding the cash, and much more. New content includes information on tips, tip-outs, and reporting for the entire staff, choosing the best POS system, setting up a bar and managing the wine list, and making the bottom line look good long-term.
-Restaurants are a high-risk venture, but starting a bar or restaurant is still one of the most popular new business ventures (Cornell Univ/Mich State)”
All information is kept Private & Confidential.