Alcohol Expert Witness / Liquor Liability Expert:
- Serving Clients Since 1987
- State & Federal Cases — Plaintiffs & Defendants
Alcohol Expert Witness & Liquor Liability Expert – Howard Cannon is one of America’s most highly-relied upon Restaurant, Bar & Hospitality Expert Witnesses regarding Alcohol Liability and Liquor Liability matters — providing expert witness services (opinions, reports and testimony) and litigation support services, as well as, industry analyses, consultation, expertise, advice, and mediation to both Plaintiffs & Defendants in State & Federal courts nationwide.
The right expert can make or break your case — you need an expert with first-hand experience in the restaurant & bar industry!
If you have a restaurant litigation matter pertaining to alcohol liability, you need an alcohol – restaurant and bar expert to help you determine what measures or actions are reasonable and customary within the restaurant industry. Howard Cannon has over 30 years of experience in such matters; and, he can help you with your restaurant expert witness needs as it pertains to restaurants, bars, casinos, and other organizations in the hospitality industry.
To discuss your Alcohol Expert Witness & Liquor Liability Expert matter, to learn more about our Restaurant Expert Witness Services, or to receive Howard Cannon’s most up to date CV/bio, please call: 800.300.5764 or Email — We look forward to speaking with you!
All information is kept Private & Confidential.
Alcohol Liability Expert / Liquor Liability Expert:
Our Alcohol / Liquor Liability Expert can help you determine whether or not reasonable and customary restaurant industry standards and measures were taken on behalf of the organization, owner, server, etc. When determining liability, several factors must be taken in to account; for example, whether or not the restaurant owners and/or management have made reasonable effort to provide training of his or her employees and customers. Additionally, our Restaurant & Bar Alcohol Expert can provide strategic litigation support, provide questions, and recommend documents to request during the discovery process that are customarily used throughout the course of business in the restaurant and bar industry.
Alcohol Liability is a term used to describe the legal responsibility that an organization may have for its patrons when alcohol is served. Anyone involved in the service of alcohol could be held liable for damages or injuries where alcohol is deemed to have been a contributing factor; such as:
- Liability as a server – Serving people past the point of intoxication.
- Liability as an occupier – People, companies or any other organization that owns, has possession of or responsibility for premises are responsible for protecting persons on their premises from harm.
- Liability as an employer regarding employees consuming alcohol, such as at staff parties.
- Liability as a sponsor of potentially dangerous activities.
- Use of excessive force – Security personnel cannot use unnecessary or excessive force to manage intoxicated patrons.
Restaurant Litigation Support:
Our Alcohol Expert – Dram Shop Expert Witness, Howard Cannon, is TIPS (Training for Intervention ProcedureS) Certified — in addition to being certified in OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act), HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points), and more. Howard is an author, speaker, analyst, and restaurant, food service, hospitality consultant — he is a restaurant expert with over 30 years of education, training, skill, and experience – giving him the specific knowledge and expertise of the restaurant, hospitality, and food and beverage industry needed to provide expert restaurant litigation support services that you can rely upon.
Restaurant Expert Witness, Howard Cannon provides restaurant expert witness services and litigation support; such as, expert witness testimony, opinions and reports, as it pertains to alcohol liability and dram shop liability claims in restaurants and bars. Howard provides unbiased opinions, reports, and testimony regarding the Standards of Care and the foresee-ability of events based upon the alcohol awareness training, policies, and procedures (or lack thereof) of each establishment and its management and employees involved in an alcohol, Dram Shop, liquor law compliance, or security related matter.
More than 30 years of Experience, Howard’s Expert Qualifications, Certifications & Experience include, but are not limited to the following:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration Act – Federal Certification # 2301944
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration Act – Federal Certification with 29 CFR 1910 OSHA – Inspections, Citations, and Penalties OSHA – Walking and Working Surfaces OSHA – Means of Egress and Fire Protection OSHA – Flammable and Combustible Liquids OSHA – Fire Prevention and Protection OSHA – Machine Guarding and Material Handling OSHA – Hazard Communication OSHA – Industrial Hygiene and Blood-borne Pathogens OSHA –Health and Safety Programs
- American College of Forensic Examiners International – member
- Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points Manager Certification (HACCP)
- The National Environmental Health Association Certification
- Professional Commercial Mediation and Conflict Resolution Certification
- Washington State University Hotel Restaurant Division seminars University of Nevada Las Vegas Hotel Restaurant Division seminars University of Kentucky; industry surveys Anthony Robbins – Awaken the Giant from Within; seminars Dale Carnegie – How to Win Friends and Influence People; seminars Dale Carnegie – Leadership and Communication; seminars ServSafe and Food Safety Training TIPS On-premise Alcohol Training 2.0 National Restaurant Association Member